I doubt there is anyone who reads this blog, who doesn’t also read Leiter’s blog. So, you may already know about the series of guest posts that Amy Ferrer, the new Executive Director of the American Philosophical Association, wrote. However, in case you missed them, or were too busy with end of the semester stuff to read them – you should definitely go back and check them out. Here are the titles (with links) of each of her posts.
- Her Introduction
- Better Technology, More Communication
- What Can We Do About Diversity?
- Making the Job Market Experience More Bearable
- Supporting Tenure
- Fighting for Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- Advocating for Philosophy and Its Public Perception
These are thoughtful reflections on some of the pressing issues for philosophy, and they are well worth reading. They are very encouraging.